One of the best parts of planning the Summer Book Clubs is picking the books. Here is a preliminary list of books under consideration. Have others? Let us know!
K/1 – We meet for an hour each week and read a book together. Then we discuss elements of plot, characterization, and prepositions. We also imagine and write/draw new stories.
- Blueberries for Sal – Mama Bear, Baby Bear, Little Sal, Mother …
- Rosie’s Walk – This hen goes for a walk over, under, around, and through.
- Stellalluna – What happens when a baby bat grows up in a bird’s nest?
- The Chick & the Duckling – Me, too, can only get you so far.
- Please, Mr. Panda – What does it take to get a doughnut?
- Frog and Toad All Year – What’s better than ice cream on a sunny day?
1/2 – There will be a range of reading abilities, so we’ll read portions of the books aloud together while providing access to videos of each of the books being read aloud. Our discussions are more in-depth, so we have fewer books to read. You’ll not two books are back for our discussion of plot points. Other books will be used for characterization and setting.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day – Yep.
- Henry and Mudge (Book One) – One of the very best series for young readers.
- Charley’s First Night – Charley is supposed to sleep in the kitchen.
- Ivy & Bean – Making a new friend.
Interested in one of these for your kid? Please let us know at [email protected]
(Book lists for 2/3 & 3/4, 4/5 & 5/6 will follow this week!)
KIDWRITE! Helping you raise avid-reading, confident-writing, word-loving kids!